We’re Hiring: Director of Membership & Sponsorship
he Greater Manchester Chamber (GMC) is excited to announce a new role within their team: Director of Membership and Sponsorship! This is an exciting and dynamic opportunity at one of the leading non-profit and business advocacy organizations in the state of New Hampshire. As part of the GMC team, you will be driving the Chamber’s mission to shape economic success and the quality of life in Greater Manchester. The Director of Membership and Sponsorship is a key full-time position within the innovative and driven GMC organization.
Skills & Experience
Three to five years of experience in development, fundraising, program planning, sales and related fields strongly preferred.
Values, understands, and thoroughly enjoys relationship development. Can inspire enthusiasm and investment in GMC through effective presentation of mission and strategic plan. Excellent fundraising or sales ability with proven track record. Strong organizational, communication, and public speaking skills. Ability to design large-scale community programs and mobilize GMC team for execution. Thrives in a flexible, dynamic and creative work environment and has an entrepreneurial, innovative spirit. Understanding of community relations and knowledge of Greater Manchester business community and current industry sectors a plus.
The Director of Membership & Sponsorship is a leadership position at the GMC and will serve as the person most responsible for cultivating relationships with high-level Chamber members and potential investors. This individual must be passionate and skilled to communicate the GMC’s work and motivate businesses and stakeholders to engage. The Director of Membership & Sponsorship activates staff, volunteers and stakeholders to innovate new offerings that enhance the GMC’s positioning in the business community and value proposition to members. This individual will conduct meetings with key members to ensure the Chamber is aligning with their needs and priorities, as well as meet with businesses not yet connected to the Chamber.
The Director of Membership & Sponsorship will oversee the Chamber’s signature fundraising programs, including the Citizen of the Year Annual Dinner and Annual Golf Classic, engaging the business community through both collaboration and sponsorship. At the direction of the CEO, this role will serve as spokesperson and official representative of the GMC at events, programs, media opportunities and key meetings. Embodying effective relationship-building and a strong community mindset, the Director of Membership & Sponsorship will identify strategic pathways and initiatives to advance the GMC’s mission and goals.
Key Member & Investor Development:
- Serve as primary contact for the Chamber’s existing largest members and investors.
- Work closely with the CEO to expand the Chamber’s membership and overall investment base, in order to increase our ability to impact our community.
- Conduct presentations to non-member businesses to communicate the Chamber’s work on behalf of the business community.
- Foster strategies to show value and appreciation to key investors and ensure these businesses are directly connected to the GMC mission.
Signature Program Planning & Sponsorship:
- Lead key steps in design and planning process for GMC Signature Programs, directing staff members in execution for the highest quality outcome.
- Ensure sponsorship revenue goals are met or exceeded and effectively manage the budget, speakers, program Run of Show and on-site execution.
- Work with the Program and Office Coordinator, who executes program logistics, venue communication and back-end operations.
- Consult the VP of Economic Development and Strategic Communications about the marketing timeline and program publicity/media plan, within the Chamber’s editorial calendar.
Mission Expansion Strategy:
- In conjunction with GMC CEO, develop strategy and tactics to reach investment goals by targeting certain industry sectors, geographic areas, or using specific development tactics.
- Seek and craft partnership opportunities to provide strong referral sources and expansion of GMC mission.
- Build a strong team-based approach by engaging staff members and volunteers in high-tier member engagement.
- Approach all mission goals and resource offerings through the lens of diversity, equity and inclusion, continuously improving practices and outreach to impact more businesses.
Want to join our team and be a pivotal part of the greater Manchester community?
Email cover letter, resume, and references to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
We offer a creative, innovative and rewarding environment that provides a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to work with the key business and community leaders of New Hampshire. The Chamber offers a competitive salary – commensurate with experience, strong benefit package including generous PTO, health and dental plan, and 401k.