President & CEO – Manchester, NH
The Greater Manchester Chamber is hiring a for a President & CEO. Be the voice of business, shaping economic success to enhance the quality of life in Greater Manchester. This is the mission of the Greater Manchester Chamber (GMC). With over 800 members that employ thousands of individuals across the region, the GMC has existed since 1911 and is the largest chamber in northern New England.
The President & CEO will be a dynamic, passionate, and strategic leader; leading and growing a small professional team while overseeing and managing the day-to-day operations of the organization. The President and CEO is a highly visible relationship builder and thought leader who serves as the key spokesperson and an advocate for Chamber members and the regional business community. The President & CEO reports to the GMC Board of Directors.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Strategic planning –In partnership with GMC Board and staff, develops and implements the strategic plan. Measures progress towards strategic goals while ensuring the direction and focus of the chamber is aligned with the mission and vision of the organization.
- Staff leadership and development – Attracts, develops and retains a dynamic, professional team. Builds a positive culture focused on excellence, accountability, and support.
- Financial management – Ensures a strong financial position that provides stability and opportunity for organizational growth and new strategic initiatives.
- Community leadership–Serves as community thought leader and alliance builder. Serves a trusted voice and spokesperson on key business issues.
- Advocacy and public policy – Identifies public policy priorities and leads the organization in shaping, communicating, and advancing the Chamber’s legislative and political agenda.
Position Requirements include:
- 8-10 years of leadership experience with a focus on building and rallying others towards a common vision.
- An ability to navigate through complex organizational dynamics and legislative and public policy processes
- Strong financial acumen with an ability to manage budgets and grow revenue
- An understanding of key economic and business opportunities and challenges in both Greater Manchester communities and within the state.
- Outstanding communicator, relationship builder and consensus builder
- Innovative and well-informed – capability to reimagine new ways to engage and add value to Chamber members
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE.